Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Visits

May and June were full of family visitors!  First, we had Grandma Debbi visit for a few days before her flight to Canada, then Nana for a week, Grandma Wanda and Papa Don for graduation day, and then Grandma Debbi back again at the end of her trip.  The kids had a great time with all of their visitors!
We took Nana with us on our tour of the firestation.  We had bid on a tour as part of a fundraiser for school.  We even made Nana climb into the firetruck!  Lucas was all into asking questions and sitting in the trucks.  Ben was his normal reserved self - I always get stuck asking the questions I think he wants to know because he won't speak up until we leave! We also took Nana to the beach while she was here and had a great time splashing in the waves.

At home, the boys put on their fire gear when Grandma Debbi was visiting and were trying to "repel" from our grapefruit tree. Grandma Debbi decided to climb up and pretend like she was stuck in the tree.  The boys tried so hard to figure out how to get her down.  After she was rescued, baby Warren (an old cabbage patch doll) was stuck in the tree.  They spent more time trying to get Warren down!
During these days of visits, we also had swimming lessons.  I decided to enroll them in the private lessons that everyone from school raves about.  It was expensive and only 4 days, but so worth it!  Within those 4 days, Lucas went from swimming with floaties and not wanting to go under water to swimmming across the pool above and below water.  He loves to practice at home and never wants to get out of the water.  Ben learned to side breath and do his "big arms" for swimming.  He also jumped off the teacher's diving board for his first time.  He wasn't too fond of that and isn't up for doing it again any time soon.  I was so amazed at how quickly they learned!  I wish I had done those lessons last year with them!

No comments: