Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valetine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! We got up this morning and took the boys on their first fishing trip at Walsingham Park. Ben has tried before but never caught anything, but this was Luke's first time! Luke wanted to just stick the top of the fishing pole in the water. Ben got a few nibbles, but we had trouble keeping the right tension to set the fish, and then the hooks kept getting caught in the lily pads and grasses at the edge. So, we fished until we ran out of hooks. Our garden and compost got the majority of the worms. I think I might send Matt and Ben next time to try without Luke and me as distractions. I need some practice casting again too before I go back out!


This afternoon, we're headed to the Rays Fest at the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Stadium. Luke has been asking to go to a ball game or to play baseball. Today, they can meet the team, and do some activities down on the baseball field...and it's all FREE! yey! I'll try to post some photos of that when we get back.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: