Monday, January 19, 2009

Yard Fishing and Such




Whew, after a rought eternity of colds, we are better..knock, knock. First Luke was knocked out with that awful cold for New Years (which Ben had for Christmas), and then shortly after (one week in the clear), the stomach flu hit us..blech! So, we've been laying low, and doing home-bound activities. As you see from the photos, the boys are into yard fishing lately. It sounds like some sport a bunch of hung over college guys would invent..or toddlers. Luke talks about fishing all the time. We'll definitely have to take him this year. Hope he'll have the patience to catch something. I know he would be so excited. Other than that, we've been planning out a garden for the back yard. It gives the kids a designated area to dig in, and hopefully they'll be more eager to eat veggies if they grow their own. We've started lettuce, sugar snap peas, basil and tomatos in the little starter cups while we get the garden ready.

My business, as you can imagine with the economy, has not had a nibble yet. So, Luke will be ending daycare at the end of this month, and I'll continue to look for opportunities during rest time. Luckily, he can probably go to the same daycare again if I get a project on short notice. Next year, he'll be at Ben's school, so by that time hopefully my business will have taken off, or I'll find a job part or full time. We'll see what comes along. Luke seems to have better afternoons when he's home all day. He's always so worn out from daycare because he just doesn't nap as long and just all the fun activities wear him out. So, maybe less fussiness in store..maybe. He's 2, so I'm not holding my breathe. This will be the closest to full-time stay-at-home mom that I've ever been. So, I'm going to try to make the most out of it.

Well, time to go cook dinner. Maybe I'll have more opportunities to update this thing more often! Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: