Sunday, April 7, 2013

Adventurers!

Back in January,  the boys and I found a cool adventure in St. Pete.  We went tree climbing in a 300 year old oak tree using only ropes to shimmy up!  It was so beautiful under the canopy of the tree, with the sunlight shining through!



In April, Ben and I went to MOSI for a a Scout event to learn about photography.  After the class, we decided to try out the ropes course.  It was 3 levels high, each increment increasing by 12 feet, to a maximum 36 feet high.  I was nervous at the first level, but put on my brave face for the boys.  After we went around the bottom row, Ben went straight to the highest level.  I had to keep reminding myself to breathe!  I caught myself subconciously clinging to the poles on each balcony after climbing across the ropes.  The hardest one was just a single tight rope with a couple of loops to hang on to (too high for Ben to reach the loops and he still did it!).  At one point, after Ben had gone first, he says "Mom!  Look the rope you are climbing across is held together with tape!"  Thanks Ben.  It was, but I think just to prevent fraying.  We climbed around for almost 2 hours!






No comments: