Monday, August 22, 2011

Girls Trip!

It had been 5 years since my last girls' trip with Suzie, so we were due for one!  We planned to visit a little vacation village on Lake Michigan for a few days in July.  So, I flew up on July 14th and came back on the 17th.  I arrived to her house late -about 11pm, but we still stayed up until 1 AM drinking wine and catching up.  Her parents joined us for brunch the next morning before we drove up to the Village of Saugatuk.  It was a 3-hour ride, so we got plenty of girl chat time on the ride up as well! 

We walked in practically every store, but the only thing I bought was a hat for the beach...as displayed!

We stayed at a bed and breakfast close to the downtown and rented bikes the second day.  We rode to the other village and also toward the beach.  Near the beach, we parked our bikes and hiked up a 300-stair incline to the top of a huge sand dune...great views!  Then, down the other side to the beach.  We both jumped straight in the water like kids, screamed with the cold and came running out.  The water was numbingly cold!  I could feel pain in my legs just trying to walk back to shore.  But, alas, some more bike riding cured that!  We had a wonderful time and I look forward to the next girls trip somewhere!

Matt had taken that Friday off and brought the boys up to his parents.  They went fishing with him and his dad and then took a visit to Don and Wanda's friends house on the east coast. 

No comments: