Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

The boys sang their hearts out (or mumbled quietly so as to not stick out of the crowd) at their Thanksgiving Performance at school. Lucas was a Turkey this year, and Ben has moved up in seniority to the Indian. They made their costumes in their classes. We captured some of it on video tape, so next time you visit, we'll try to remember to play it. It's always so adorable every year!

On Thanksgiving Day, we had a big crowd at our house this year. We had Matt's parents, his Aunt and Uncles and Cousins and their spouses. Twelve people in all. Even with that crowd, it looked like we had barely touched the food because we had SOOOO many different dishes. We all said that next year we should each just cook 1-2 dishes (I'm putting it in writing as a reminder!). However, we all happily enjoyed leftovers for the next week.

The day after Thanksgiving, we had some friends over for Chimichangas. I have had this recipe since a cooking class in high school! My friend from high school was recently having pregnancy cravings and ask for the recipe. Needless to say, it sounded so yummy after taking the time to type up the recipe, I had to make it too! They were every bit as yummy as I remember!

No comments: